Saturday, March 31, 2012

ALLAH’S GRACE


In my heart I was crying in front of Almighty ALLAH and begging as to why is it so that HE, who always had HIS blessing on me in a way that I was able to look after and help the people but today I was so helpless that I was going to a person for asking financial help in shape of a loan. This was a person, whom all along these years I have been helping monetarily.

It was somewhere in the middle of the last week of June. I was stationed at Multan and it was not warm but a very hot afternoon. I came little earlier from the office as my wife has sent a message that I have received guest from Quetta. On reaching home, I had a very pleasant surprise to find my Mother, who has come all the way from Quetta. 

My Wife took me aside and informed me that as it is the end of the month therefore, there is not much available in the house. There was no meat, no chicken, no bread, no milk and eggs. On my enquiry about any savings she informed that no cash is available at the house. I tried to recollect as to what all I have in the bank and it was very easy to recall that there is nothing in the Bank either. 

Like typical salaried persons, we use to draw all our salary in the beginning of the month and by 15th of the month almost all the salary is spent. Like others this was also a normal month and we had spent all. 

I asked her as to what all is needed and after due calculations we learnt that Rs. 200.00 would be sufficient for the time being. 

I started thinking from who to ask for this much amount of loan for few days, as the first of the month was approaching. There came the name of Salahuddin into my mind as a person who could be handy at this difficult hour. Salahuddin was the person who was always short of cash and often used to get loan from me almost regularly every month. He was in the habit of buying Prize Bonds and lottery Tickets. 

After informing my wife I started towards Salahuddin’s residence on my Motorcycle. It was then that on the way I started crying in my heart before ALLAH, as I mentioned in the beginning. 

I still remember that I had hardly travelled half the distance that I felt a very bright light. As if a camera flash light fell on me. Though it was a very bright and hot afternoon and a very Bright Blazing Sun was shining but still I could feel the light FLASH. 

There was Petrol pump in the middle distance and beside that a small Mango Tree was standing. I heard a strange voice from nowhere asking me to check the Breast pocket of my shirt. 

I laughed as I have checked all my pockets earlier before starting from my house including my Wallet and trouser, with the hope to find any leftover or forgotten money but could not. But the voice again insisted. 

So I stopped my Motorcycle under the shadow of the Mango Tree and searched my Breast pocket. There it was. I was surprised to find two brand new hundred rupee notes nicely folded and lying there. My requirement was Rs. 200.00 and ALLAH gave me the exact amount from nowhere. 

I turned back, went to the market, made necessary purchases and returned home. During this entire time I was praising ALLAH with joy and gratitude WHO has listened to my cries and saved me from embarrassment and fulfilled my need. ALLAH IS ALMIGHTY
Posted by Zaffar Iqbal Durrani

No comments: